The Kinehawk Nostromo features a huge range of innovative and practical features not seen in other camera operation tools.
- Modular design allows adaptation to various shooting requirements.
- Arm can be mounted to vehicles or trackless dollies via any standard 48.3mm/ 1,1/2" speed rail/ scaff pipe structure.
- Can be used with a 100mm fluid head for semi-stabilized hand held shots.
- Easy module allows for simple cord based hand held camera support if needed.
- The arm can be placed at various heights on the vest's support tube and the camera and gimbal can also be inverted, to give a full range of shooting heights.
- The small silhouette allows moving through tight spaces.
- With the soon to come extension handles, real high angles are possible.
- The ability to invert the gimbal allows users to navigate under low overhead structure, like door frames or branches.
Centre of gravity.
- The COG handles replace the stock handles of DJI, Freefly or Tilta gimbals (or others with similar design). With these installed, the user can pan and tilt through a point close to the camera's centre of gravity.
- This allows the user to use less force to tilt the gimbal, thereby reducing the amount their movement affects the gimbal. It also helps absorb much of the for/aft acceleration/deceleration movement imparted by the user.
- There pan axis is also fluid dampened.
Comfortable, versatile and robust.
- Simple sizing adjustment. One size fits nearly all body types and sizes.
- Comfortable vest has ample air flow and is specially designed to resist torsional forces, so the arm can be mounted away from the operators spine.
- Distributes weight and torsional forces to the hips.
- Docking and undocking is very quick. Snap on the quick release and tighten the lever, and off you go. Undocking is just as easy. Getting out of the vest is as easy as taking off a backpack.
Ease of use.
- Very easy to use. No months of training or years of practice. A talented novice can be up and running in no time.
- Simple, quick one knob weight adjustment.
- Robust design and materials stand up to the trials of on set life.
- Built with the finest materials. Aircraft grade aluminium, carbon fibre, titanium and stainless steel.
- Nothing to rust and maintenance free.