Making steady easy.
Kinehawk builds and sells the patent pending Nostromo stabilizer system. The Nostromo is in the final prototype stage.
The Kinehawk Nostromo is the best solution for supporting and spatially stabilizing gimbals like the Freefly Movi, DJI Ronin or others.
Plus, it's modular, so that's not all it can do. Mount it to a vehicle or trackless dolly. Attach a fluid head for something different, or attach another module for simple cord based hand held support.
It's also very easy to operate. No months of training!
The Kinehawk Nostromo consists of various parts or modules that can be assembled in different configurations for different filming scenarios.
The XOvest is the core of the body mounted setups.
The Nostromo Stabilizer Arm can attach to the vest or a vehicle via the in-built speed rail clamp.
A gimbal can be attached to the arm via the quick release connector, or a 100mm bowl module can be added to the arm for a new style of hand held.
And if you want simple cord based support for hand held, there is a module for that.
Nostromo components are CNC machined from aircraft grade aluminium and stainless steel. The arm spring is made from titanium. All tubular sections are manufactured from cross woven carbon fibre.
Every part of the Nostromo is designed to survive the harsh demands of life on set.
- Easy docking with the Nostromo quick release. Simple one lever, dual lock system.
- Pan and tilt through the gimbal center of gravity. Minimal force required to move the camera, and hence less operator movement imparted to camera.
- Weightlessly boom camera and gimbal through it's range.
- The stabilizer arm can be mounted above the operator's shoulders, at waist height or can even be adjusted to sit below the hips.
- Main connection rod on the vest is a carbon fiber 48.3mm (1.5" NPS) standard dimension pipe. So the stabilizer arm can be mounted to any structure made from standard pipe. Mount to cars, quad bikes, dollies or any other crazy vehicle!
- Gimbal or camera can be mounted above or below the arm. High angles are no problem!
- Modular design allows it to adapt to a variety of shot scenarios. Attach the easy module for cord suspended hand-held shots. Attach the 100mm bowl adapter and pan and tilt directly from the stabilizer arm for a new kind of "hand-held".
- The comfortable Nostromo vest resists torsional forces allowing the arm to be placed further away from the center of the body, allowing for a wider variety of shots. The vest is also designed with maximum airflow, cooling those sweaty areas on hot days.